I can't believe I haven't even posted Sophie's birthday yet! It was only a month ago, but it seems like forever. Even the differences in her in a month are amazing.
Here she is enjoying her first piece of cake.
And this is all the damage she did to her piece...stunning really...she's actually quite a fan of yummilicious sugary stuff now....
(grrrrrr...I have no time to mess with formats of pictures...forgive the mess)
She had her favorite meal for dinner (pastaanything...but we call it Mom's Best Lasagna) and then had cake and ice cream. The ice cream was a bit shocking at first, but now that she understands cold=good...she won't let ice cream go untouched by her hands.
She got a car...picture the Flinstones...you know where your feet make you go...she'll either learn to go forward on her own or get her ankle broken while we teach her. I think she's just distracted by that cool horn. Oh, and fyi...her gas is cheaper than your gas. teehee
And she also got some more Signing Times videos. Let me just say...this sign language thing has been SOOOOOOO fun!!! She is able to ask for stuff I would have never EVER known she was asking for. And her whole world cracked open when she learned the sign for "shoes". To her, if you have shoes on you are going outside. This morning she woke up and her first sign to me was "shoes"...and made a bee-line for them. I would have been a little hurt that it was my usual kisses greeting me, but I was so blown away by her being able to tell me something like that...I took the kisses later!
And she also signed "Mama" a couple of times...it was like hearing Mama for the first time! Sooooo cool! So Nicki, if you are reading this....get Signing Times!!
She knows about 20 signs, but consistantly uses those common to her world. Dog, cat, bird, please, milk, water (she's trying anyway...but I always recognize her version of it...I guess like any baby talk, you know how they "say" it.), more (her most common word!), and once told me she was sleepy. I tell you, I'm sold! All 3 of us girls have had so much fun with it that we hope to keep learning.
Here are some other Mayish pics I thought you'd enjoy...of Sophie, Sarah is next.
This is her in her early days of pigtails. :) They've come a long way in a month...just wait and see.
2 comments:
Papa loves seeing the smile and pig tails. As for Sophie loving pasta anything...sounds like she comes by it naturally. I can't wait to see them again.
Love
Papa
I do plan to sign w Laurie. I am only working on milk for now.
I have issues w wondering if she's starving.
Post a Comment