Sarah has been in some sort of Mother's Morning Out since 2005. It's always been on Tues/Thur, it's always been from 9-2...and yet for some reason I feel like this first day of PK4 is going to rip my heart out! O.K, so it changes to MWF and only from 9-12...anyone that knows me knows change is one of my least favorite things.
This summer was hard. We were together 24/7 and I learned that no pleading, no consequence, no reward entices Sarah to want to "act right" if she has to go to a doctor's appointment with me. I also learned that I'm totally baffled how stay-at-home moms have only children. :) I felt guilty telling her to go play alone too much, guilty if I invited her friends Dora, Diego, Uniqua, Pablo, Tyrone, Tasha, and Austin (of the Nick Jr family) over to play nearly the whole day....and quite honestly in need of padded walls by Friday if I avoided all the guilt. I adore coloring but I have my limits, ya know?
But now that the summer is over and I'm about to have to share her on a regular basis with someone I realize what else I've learned....
I've learned that there is nothing like hearing her walking across the house and climbing in bed and saying "snuggle me mama".
I've learned that being bored isn't all that bad because she'll give me stickers for "just being cute".
I've learned that she really does learn so much just living life with me and like a good friend says "I think [you're] being to hard on yourself".
I've learned that Dora may be in a big box with cords, but she's taught my daughter more spanish than I ever would have! And Diego? Let's just say, thanks to him, Sarah will never ask the question "what animal is that?" whether we are in the rain forest, the ocean, the desert, or a jungle. Me? I took care of farm animals, pets, and various icky things in our yard. Uniqua and the gang...they've helped Sarah learn to solve mysteries (oh, and get her groove on too).
I've learned that she can spread her own peanut butter now, can jump rope, and call daddy on the cell phone without help.
I've learned that she can't wait to be a big sister and will likely flourish in her new position. She's very maternal, but not with dolls. :)
I've learned that despite needing time alone, time without Sarah is like walking around in a shell of a body without my heart with me.
And as we anticipate all that Sophie will be it's hard to imagine that God could be this good twice...and it's hard to imagine life any better.
But I know my God and I know that He gives more than we can ask or imagine. And to Him I humbly say "Thank you oh God, for trusting these little ones to us."
No comments:
Post a Comment