The million dollar question...sorry I haven't posted about our current "pregnancy" lately. The good news is that there is still a baby at the end of this story. The bad news is that the story keeps getting longer!!!
We continue to get news that the wait is getting longer and longer and longer and, well, you get the picture. As of today it's likely we will not even see a picture of mei mei in 2006, let alone have her in our arms before Christmas. It could go as long as 18 months from our LID (Dec) to referral (just the picture). Everyone can do the math, but that means we may still be traveling in the summer time, just not the one coming up.
I thank God that this wait is happening with #2 and not Sarah. THAT would have been so hard. Now, it's just mildly uncomfortable to know a baby is coming but still so far away.
Now before anyone says "gee, you'd think with all those babies needing homes they would do it faster". That's not fair to the ones doing all they can to place so many babies. I believe they are doing everything they can to get the babies into homes, because they do love them and want the best for them. But you know what? It took our gov't 5 months to read a 2 page document and approve us with a single piece of paper...there is so much more to be done on the other side of the world. I am just grateful that they continue to have the program and work as hard as they do. For a mom who has always believed all her children were waiting for her in China I count on this system to work, not just work fast to get me any child.
And I can't forget how big my God is. He is bigger than our BCIS, bigger than the CCAA, and bigger than the biggest rumor....He's in control. And He's watching over it all and making sure that the stories He has for each child and family come together at the exact right time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment