Friday, February 08, 2008

Like Truvey says, "there is no such thing as natural beauty"...


Hair. Sometimes you can't live with it and you'd rather not live without it. Poor Sophie. She's got...."problem hair". :) Most women would never think of lathering up the hair with lotion. But that's what we did here. Thinking it would weigh it down...no. It dried like this. :) Makes for great pictures but the poor kid has eternal morning hair. Not that it's not the cutest head of morning hair you ever did touch, but still....
We're starting to feel human again...until about 3pm. Then all the girls are in my bed snoring away. And waking us up ain't pretty. Ask Glen. Most days I sit in bed (the 3 mins before I fall asleep) and wonder if Sarah and I ate lunch. Probably. But I don't have any memory of it. I'm tired. :) Thank goodness Sophie is only on a bottle right now.
Thank you everyone that has sent gifts. I know it's proper to send thank you cards, but I'm just going to be very real here....as thankful as I am I can't muster the energy up to find the cards or stamps.
Sarah is doing great...probably the best of all of us. She's back at school and is exhausted when she comes home, but still has a pretty good attitude. She is eating again, thank God. I think we can get her back up to her mighty 30 lbs pretty soon. She is dying for some friends to come play in her sandbox. Between you and me, I think she's od'd on family time. :)
I'll try to get lots of pictures out soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is a picture just meant for a scrapbook page! Too cute!

Amanda O. said...

Who knew, when Steel Magnolias came out, how often we would use it to describe what we do around here??? :~) aso