
2 years ago today I experienced the reality of things hoped for that I really never thought I’d see. The years that preceded the reality of our trip to China were one faith step after another. One prayer of “I’m ready Lord, send me” knowing only that I knew in my heart my heart was bound to the girls in China. The idea that God might entrust one to me for life never crossed my mind!! Until one day…one day when He felt the ground work in my heart was fertile soil, and then He planted the seed of hope. And there was no turning back; I knew my daughters were in China. Everything about our journey to Sarah is amazing. From dates to specific prayers for her personality and life…she is everything I prayed for and then some. And I’m so unworthy of such a special gift…but I am forever grateful.
So as I think about this special day 2 years ago this is what I remember…waking up that morning and packing that diaper bag one more time and hoping we had clothes that would fit her. There were no anxious feelings; I remember thinking that was odd, only total peace. I knew God had done an amazing thing. On the bus ride to the government building I remember wondering what her morning was like…was the routine different? Would she sense the dramatic change about to happen? And, my prayer “please Lord let her like me”.
I remember the moment her bus passed us and I saw her immediately. I knew my daughter. And looking at her through the bus window, I knew it would be the last time my daughter would look at me and not know who I was.
I remember that kick she did…it was so…Sarah. She does it every once and a while now when she’s excited and man! Does it take me back!
I remember her breath smelling horrible and wonderful all at the same time! It was the rice crackers. I think I’ll give her one today just to remember. J
I remember her crying with her hoarse little voice and somehow feeling totally fine about it. She was letting me comfort her and that was important to me. I was thrilled that she felt safe enough to have what ever emotion she needed to.
And I remember the cheerios that exalted us to royalty status in her eyes. And the way she found peace in my arms as she feasted away.
I remember the exact moment that I finally really understood the term “Velcro baby” and confess there were some moments of fear as I pictured this situation 8 years from now!
I remember so much from those precious moments in China; sites, smells, feelings, and a closeness with Jesus that can’t be described. That which He plans, He brings about. Blessed are those who wait on Him.
Today is a special day indeed!!!!!
1 comment:
What beautiful memories! Thank you, Kim. Ya'll are truly a gorgeous family, inside and out!
God bless!
Post a Comment